Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Day 1,923,482 of the Job Hunt.

Ahhh yes. Job hunting. Possibly one of THEE best past times one will ever experience. You get to go to places you never thought you would go to, in desperate attempts to receive a paycheck. even a tiny one will suffice. Yes, all of the previous statements are 100% sarcastic. well, maybe 89%. Anyways. I am so tired of driving and driving, stopping on craigslist and provident living, and driving some more to hunt down as many career opportunities as possible. It's not so much my idea of fun. And yet, until I get a job, I'm stuck spending almost my entire day doing this.

So. Seeing as job hunting consumes my entire thoughts, and being, i figure I might as well blog about my progress...Or the lack thereof. Heh.

So, I have some opportunities that could possibly be extremely beneficial. I've applied all over the Riverwoods, and so far the only one I've received a call back from is Tucano's. I went in for an interview, and they said that all I need to do is take a test and receive a score of 95 or higher, and then I can get started on training. Unfortunately, the test I've heard is pretty hard. But I guess I just have to work super hard at studying.

Anyway, you'd think with the Holidays coming up, people would be hiring a lot more. Uhh, lame? Speaking of which, I'm SUPER excited for the holidays! yeah! K. Sorry for the brief side step. See! My mind's not ENTIRELY consumed by job hunting :D

Other than Tucano's, I've been emailing a woman who posted a need for a nanny on M-TH from 8-5 for a 1 year old boy and a 5 year old boy. I think that would be super fun and cool! so we'll see how that one comes about.

Also, I just barely applied for a Studio Photographer position. So I reeeally hope I hear back from them. That would be SO awesome to gain experience from! But we shall see.

Other than that, I've applied to a bunch of randoms that SHOULD call me back. And if not, I will be a very unhappy young lady. But those places include: The Wynnsong (movie theater), Victoria's Secret and....well....I can't remember the others...but there are a bunch of others that I'm spacing.

Eh, well...if the unlisteds call me back, then they can be known as important, but for now, they don't really matter, so whatevs.

ANYWHO.

I really hope that soon I can get a job, so that I can stop basing my blogs around job hunts. Because I guarantee you would much rather be sitting on Wikipedia researching something like, how Bee's produce honey or something like that. Unless you already know how...then I would ask you to post it very briefly in a comment below for my own personal knowledge.

Okie doke. Thanks for grinning and baring it through this fun little blog post. That is, if you did anyway. kthanks.

Everyone have a fabulous day!

Kelli

3 comments:

Annelisa said...

I have my fingers crossed for the photograhy poition!!! that would be the most amazing job!

jtothebell said...

so bees go out and gather pollen, then bring it back to the hive where they eat it and regurgitate it several times. then they fan their wings at it to help evaporate the excess liquid until it is the proper consistency and will no longer ferment as it would if the liquid were left unchecked. it is then honey as we know it.

ps. pupusas are good. so good in fact that there was not an empty table at El Salvador today and i had to get mine to go.

Michael said...

I'd like to offer you a full license to a search tool I created for you to use on your job hunt, if you would give it a write-up on your blog. If you're interested, please email. You can download a free trial version at http:/www.bigattichouse.com/oneeyeopen.html

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Bauble images by Clarice Gomes