Monday, January 17, 2011

day 1- recent picture of you and 15 interesting facts about yourself

My apologies to mi hermana who expected me to post this the day after I announced it.
Busy busy weekend, that's for sure.
But I'm back now for your 30 day blog post pleasure.
So first of all, here is a recent picture of me:


Now, the hardest part. 15 interesting facts about myself.

1. I am no longer addicted to wint-o-green mints. I know, I know. I'm pretty impressed myself. But it's all thanks to my roommate, Andrea Kadish, who bought me an entire stocking full of mints. My roommates told me I was never going to be able to make it last longer than a week, and of course, knowing my competitive manner, I had to prove them wrong. I got that stocking the week before Christmas and I STILL have mints in there. I only eat maybe 5 a day and that's it. I'm so proud :)

2. I have a huge love and desire to involve myself with culinary arts. I wish I could cook more, but with a major lack of space (I literally have no idea where my 'spot' is in the fridge and cabinets because my roommates overcrowd whichever place that may be) it's impossible to ever keep random ingredients in my apartment. In high school, I really wanted to go to the Art Institute of Portland for the Culinary Arts program, but I never did. And now I regret not doing anything with it. One day I'll be like my dad and cook random things all the time with really weird, yet surprisingly delicious, ingredients.

3. I have pretty bad ADHD. It was really bad for me when I was growing up, and then I was able to grow out of it in high school. Recently, with the entire weight of my financial burdens upon my shoulders, it's gotten quite a bit worse. It makes it really difficult to concentrate on one thing at a time. Writing 15 facts about myself, for instance, is one of those things. Because of that fact, my anxiety is heightened quite a bit as well and I'm also extremely forgetful. It's not very fun.

4. Growing up, Marci and I were never very close. I mean, when we were little, we were dressed the same, and we played with the same friends, but not particularly by choice. Then in high school, we hung out with totally different groups of people. I hung out with the kids who didn't so much care about their education while she hung out with the popular honor roll kids. She was prom queen and I was a speech and debate groupie. But now that we're in college and she's off and married, I couldn't actually imagine my life without her. She is my best friend in the entire world and I am so lucky to have two other halves instead of one.

5. I'm having an impossible time coming up with 15 interesting facts about myself. I'm realizing I'm not as interesting as I thought.

6. For being so incredibly uncoordinated, I catch on pretty quick to things. I don't really understand how I got so good at longboarding, but I guess I got lucky. I was also a varsity long jumper, and the second best in my school. My score even went on the records. Check it out. No, I am not ashamed to show my high jumping records. They just further prove how uncoordinated I actually am. But check out that 2nd place score I got against Ft. Vancouver. Woot woot!

7. I finally came to a point where I don't constantly feel the need to dye my hair. I've actually had it this same color for about a year, I think. Which would explain how long it's finally gotten. However, I am now trying to decide if I want to go back to blonde or stay dark. I realize the blonde is a black and white image, but your thoughts?

8. My girl friend meter is running low. And for the first time ever, I'm totally okay with it. I have Marci and I have Brandon. And I have a few other people who I can talk to should I need that consolation. But for the most part, Brandon and Marci are all I need, and I am entirely happy with that.

9. I miss high school.

10. One day I want to write a two sided novel about being a twin.

11. I'm at a point in my life where I am sick of living with roommates and ready to move up. The only problem is that I don't know how to get to the next step. Costs lots-o-money to live by yourself and I'm not 100% ready for marriage yet. Within the year, I'd love for that to happen, but I don't really want to base all my decisions off of that hope. Decisions, decisions.

12. I really really really want to go on a Disney cruise. I think it would be the one of the funnest things in the world for me. Part of me wants to go before I even have kids so that I can soak up all the fun without having to consider nap times and kiddy rides.

13. I truly want kids, and I think I'm really good with them. But I'm terrified of being a mother. I really can't imagine myself being that dedicated to being a mother. I still feel so young. And though I don't want kids for at least another 5 years, (yes, I'm aware marriage has to come first) I still can't imagine that I'll ever feel adult enough to hold such an immense responsibity. One can only hope

14. I watched the Goonies the other day and it made me desperately miss the Northwest. I can't wait to go back. I'm hoping I can go back in March but I'm really excited to go back in August for a friend's wedding. And I'm hoping that Brandon can come out with me because he's never been.

15. I wouldn't recommend anyone else fill this out unless they're feeling really creative. It's quite the challenge.

Yes! 1 of 30 done.

2 comments:

whit said...

i'm realizing how much me and you have in common.
i like you dark. your hair i mean. you look good blond too though.
it's never too late for culinary school. some places have a two year program. or even shorter ones if you pick a focus on, say, pastries for example. then it's just a few classes and you come out with a certificate and the skillz.
could be fun!

Marci LeBaron Watson said...

1. Who's getting married in August?
2. I love you to pieces. You and Will are all I need.
3. You are more creative than you think.
4. You didn't mention anything about your love for music and how much music you have.
5. You're awesome.
6. I want to see you again, I need a Kelli fix!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Bauble images by Clarice Gomes