Sunday, January 9, 2011

I'm alive!

I am so grateful for my opportunity to live. The last 24 hours, I've been getting over a bit of a stomach ache, and last night I felt like I was dying because I almost passed out due to the pain and dehydration. Anyways, my point to all this is that on my date the other night, Brandon took me to see 127 hours. Seriously one of the most incredible movies I have ever seen. I haven't cried tears of happiness in a movie in a very long time and this was definitely an emotionally draining movie. It's pretty graphic and a little hard to stomach at times, but it made me feel so lucky that I've never been put through any trials like that of Aron Ralston's.


If you don't know the story of 127 hours, it's a true story about a guy from Colorado who goes to Utah to climb and doesn't tell anyone where he's going. He falls into a small canyon and his hand gets jammed under a boulder making it impossible for escape. 5 days into being trapped, Aron cuts his own arm off and escapes and then proceeds to walk 8 miles. It's an incredibly beautiful story and I recommend that anyone and everyone see it.


1 comments:

Aaron said...

awsome...i love the music in the background...i want to see that movie it was great huh.i like your blog its great i am glad i got the chance to check it out....peace

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Bauble images by Clarice Gomes